Sunday 10 April 2016

Outlander's back!

I'm so excited for the new season of 'Outlander' which started this weekend on Amazon Prime.  I loved the first season which I discovered last year.  Starring Caitriona Balfe and Sam Heughan, the series is based on the books by Diana Gabaldon, and follows the story of Claire Randall, a married World War II combat nurse who mysteriously gets transported back to 18th century Scotland, where she meets, and falls in love with the dashing Jamie Fraser, a Highland warrior.  I loved the chemistry between the two lead characters, but also the wonderful performances from the supporting cast.

Sam Heughan as Jamie and Caitriona Balfe as Claire in 'Outlander'
Sam Heughan as Jamie and Caitriona Balfe as Claire in 'Outlander'

It was also lovely to experience a show set in my homeland of Scotland, and witness the beautiful scenery.  I've been away for over 20 years now, but I fell in love with the place all over again just through watching the show.  Much of Season 2 will be set in Paris, and I'm particularly looking forward to seeing some of the amazing costumes, designed by Terry Dresbach.  The historically accurate outfits were incredible during Season 1, and Season 2 promises to be even more flamboyant.  It's provided great inspiration for corset-lovers, and has helped influence my collection of 18th century corsets which I'll be adding to The Paper Boudoir over the next few weeks, so please do take a look.






















In the meantime, if you get a chance to watch 'Outlander', I can thoroughly recommend it.

Until next time, bye for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment